John Ramsey Jr PA



Expunge or Seal a Criminal Record

So often we receive phone calls from potential clients inquiring about how to seal or expunge criminal records. All so often the person on the other end of the line has made a mistake in the past and desperately wants to move forward with their life. It is a great joy to be able to help our clients move forward to clear criminal records through a motion to expunge.

In Florida, we are limited in that you can only expunge or seal a criminal record that has been dismissed, declined to be filed upon, or where a plea was entered into and a Withhold of Adjudication was granted. Adding to the difficulty, if you have ever been Adjudicated Guilty of a criminal offense at any time or place, Florida will not allow for an expungement. Furthermore, there are certain offenses that cannot be expunged even if you receive a Withhold of Adjudication. Obtaining a criminal records seal or expungement requires a petition of approval to be put before the State Attorney's office. Once approval is obtained, it must then be submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for their review.

Upon their approval, The Law Office of John A. Ramsey, Jr. will file a petition before the appropriate Judge and move for an order of sealing or expungement, accompanied by your sworn affidavit. Because of the strict standards involved in a motion to expunge and seal criminal records, it is very important to hire an attorney experienced in this area. We want to help you move forward by sealing and/or expunging your criminal record. Contact us today to inquire about your expungement or sealing eligibility.